Oud Edition- Luxury Innovations and Technology Insights
As part of our initiative to spread the knowledge we’ve acquired, we bring you the Oud Edition. (In case you missed the introduction here is the link).
Oud – Drops of Liquid Gold
– It comes from the wood of the Southeast Asia Agar Tree (Or Aquilaria), once the wood gets infected with a specific type of mold, the Aquilaria tree as a reaction produces a dark, scented resin: The oud perfume.
– It is very rare and at a very high demand. Due to the difficulty and art of harvesting it, it has become one of the most expensive oils of the world. It may sometimes be referred to as “Liquid Gold” since its value is at an estimate of 1.5 times that of gold.
– Another reason it’s that expensive is due to its rarity, studies have shown that less than 2% of agar trees can produce it, and that the oldest trees which are even rarer to find, produce the best oud, making it one of the world’s most expensive natural resources.
– Depending on its purity, the Oud’s price can go up to more than USD 30,000.
– Oud is typically used for scenting clothes, mosques and homes.
– In an attempt to describe the Oud’s scent, imagine an aromatic, sweet, woody but highly complex aroma.
– The oud perfume can be personalized and blended with drops of jasmine, rose or other floral scents.
Until next time,
The Big Boys Toys Team